Sunday 18 October 2020

Update of releases for Nova (its been 6 years)

 I have not written anything on here since Thursday, 8th of May 2014.

There was a reason for this. I wanted to swim in my own sadness away from everyone else.

For people that knew me, they know what I was doing. People were listening.

A few tracks on my soundcloud started getting lots of plays thanks to YouAreListeningTo that blends ambient sounds with police scanners from major US cities. 

I released more albums - 


I Hear Screams In My Dreams April 2015. A delectable 6 track is just a continuation into the exploration of what I was already doing. 

I think the title I wanted to create the feeling of horror for you and ask, "what is the experience of hearing screams in your dreams?" 

How does that come out? > listen and see.

Scent September 2015. 4 tracks of the usual ambient reverb and delay lusciousness that have a tone of fear inducted into them,

Between this period I was working with/as Swin Deorin again. All throughout I usually am. I kind of feel like that side of me is not its own thing and neither is Bash Nova. They are made up names for the confusion I feel with things like that of emotion and everyday life.

The Neversphere; Part 1 April 2016. 2 tracks of experimental ideas. One which is drone/noise. The other is some interestingly pretty and overly compressed tones to lose your mind to. 

The Neversphere; Part 2 will be released one day in the future. When I can get my head round some concepts that I am dealing with.

Something nearly broke in me with Augmented released November 2016. The 7 track album has an overall harsher and more brittle feeling to it yet there is deep swells of lower frequencies keeping it all together. 

Almost a year elapses. I continue working as Swin Deorin and making other things. 

Stjärna February 2018 is released. 4 tracks of imposing doom and sadness with reverb and delay. Turn it up as it depresses you. 

Another lot of time elapses. Two years. Some tracks that I had made for Swin Deorin ended up feeling like they were better served as Bash Nova. The haunting feeling of foreboding insecurity looming with anxiety and depression. No energy and just wanting to vanish. These became the 4 track release Foxtrot April 2020.


ty for reading. 


xcjtx

No comments:

Post a Comment